I feel that this needs to be said because this is somehow a growing trend in the cosplay community.
I got rather offended the other day when I was scrolling through my Tumblr and saw a post of 3 girls cosplaying female versions of Assassin’s Creed characters.
I wasn’t offended by what they were wearing, but by what other people were saying about it.
Why do you come in to a hobby that we all use as an escape from bullying and hatred, and bring all of that back with you?
Were you all not picked on for the way you looked going through school? The things you liked? The people you hung out with?
Just because a girl is pretty or is confident enough in herself to show a little bit of skin does NOT make her a slut.
It does NOT mean she knows nothing about what she is cosplaying from.
It does NOT mean she is a “poser”.
And it does NOT give you the right to bash on her because she knows she is good looking.
Do you know what that is? Stereotyping, and I’m pretty sure you hate it when people do that to you.
So people can admit when they’re not attractive, but they’re conceited if they admit they’re good looking? That’s ass backwards. There’s something wrong with society if that’s the case. We should embrace who we are, not be ashamed of ourselves.
Beauty has many definitions to many people, and to each their own, but I am sick of seeing people bashing on innocent people just because they’re attractive and they know it.
If they had the “I’m too good for you” attitudes, that would be one thing and we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. But there is no way you can tell someones personality from one photo.
People seem to be under the impression that I am an attention whore because in my LeBlanc photos my chest looks HUGE.
Well, newsflash, I can’t control how big my boobs are. Blame my parents if it makes you feel better. I’d say I’m sorry, except I’m not.
That was LeBlanc’s characters design, and even though I may not be a size 2, I think I look decently good in that costume. It doesn’t make me conceited, it makes me confident, JUST like those 3 girls are.
If me being confident enough to wear a costume like that bothers you, then don’t look at it. I, as well as many MANY other people in this community, was bullied my entire life and thought I was ugly.
I thought when I was 13 I was going to be flat chested for the rest of my life.
I LOVE large chested and curvy anime and video game characters, I always have, even as a kid. And I am ecstatic that I can cosplay the characters I’ve always wanted to. They always seem to have the best designs, in my opinion.
For all you know, those girls could have been through the same thing. As I got older, I realized that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and now have the confidence in myself to wear things I never would have.
If I was flat chested and wore that costume, would I still be an attention whore?
If those Assassin’s Creed girls were 200lbs heavier with zits all over their face, would you be more accepting of them?
Like I said, ass backwards.
You’re all getting lost in the whole “we don’t want any posers in our community” and forgetting what being a nerd/geek/’outsider’ is all about; accepting the people that nobody else will.
They’re doing something they love and showing it to people who share the same passion as them.
I know there is always going to be a “hater” and negative comments no matter WHAT in life, but I don’t like that this is becoming a common theme.
You’re giving this hobby a bad reputation and it needs to stop.
If you have a nice critique for the costume and not the way she looks, then be my guest, all cosplayers want to improve. But don’t go around posting photos of people bashing them for no discernible reason, it just makes you look like a jealous bully and no better than the people who hurt you in the past.
- t0uchy reblogged this from seifernoir and added:
- seifernoir reblogged this from ducttapeduchess
- ducttapeduchess reblogged this from exilefayt
- ducttapeduchess likes this
- amrott reblogged this from exilefayt
- trinandtonic likes this
- wulfmojo reblogged this from kitty-honey
- tyramir reblogged this from exilefayt
- wombatandrobot likes this
- kitty-honey reblogged this from exilefayt
- nightsparrowmystia reblogged this from exilefayt
- nightsparrowmystia likes this
- meeka-neko likes this
- creative-psycho reblogged this from conquistawhore
- narniancosplay reblogged this from exilefayt
- photosandinterests likes this
- spoookers reblogged this from exilefayt
- spoookers likes this
- sara-sekhmet likes this
- astrosmusings reblogged this from exilefayt and added:
- asatira likes this
- beinghumanin221b reblogged this from lovekiller
- thelittlecake reblogged this from lovekiller
- thelittlecake likes this
- kiramekirari likes this
- lovekiller reblogged this from exilefayt and added:
- whocomesupwiththesethings reblogged this from exilefayt
- shizukachan likes this
- shizukachan reblogged this from exilefayt
- exilefayt reblogged this from lovekiller and added:
- thebionicduck reblogged this from dj-smackdown
- khamsin likes this
- ashbrie likes this
- ladyisana likes this
- thetinywordnerd reblogged this from thewarlockhasthetardis
- thewarlockhasthetardis reblogged this from dj-smackdown
- designtoreality reblogged this from exilefayt and added:
- cglephant reblogged this from exilefayt
- darkravenspira2 reblogged this from exilefayt
- gokaiburuu reblogged this from exilefayt
- alanna214 likes this
- gpoyfuck reblogged this from yurihooves
- chocominttea likes this
- homestucksandstarbucks likes this
- racconconnoisseur likes this
- kimmorz likes this
- xaynie reblogged this from exilefayt
- hellsap likes this
- xxxpitchfrostxxx reblogged this from exilefayt
- xxxpitchfrostxxx likes this